Having healthy habits like exercising and eating a balanced diet is the best way to return to your ideal weight. Read this article to get some recommendations on how to do this!
Having healthy habits like exercising and eating a balanced diet is the best way to return to your ideal weight. Read this article to get some recommendations on how to do this!To return to your ideal weight, you don’t have to submit yourself to diets that compromise your health. In fact, choosing unhealthy options can be really counterproductive. If certain methods seem to be the fast way to burn fat, in the long run, they often actually don’t work at all.
The problem with certain “miracle” diets is that they’re very restrictive and can cause the “rebound effect”. Consequently, they’re not recommended by doctors. Instead, experts recommend healthy habits that allow you to reach a stable, healthy weight.
Thanks to this, many people totally improve their lifestyle and understand that a good figure is only obtained with discipline and effort.
Are you trying to return to your ideal weight?
Don’t make mistakes. Read this advise that we have for you to return to your ideal weight.
Tips to Return to Your Ideal Weight
1. Avoid Sugar
Foods that contain large amounts of sugar have a lot to do with body fat. Sugar produces metabolic disorders and increases your risk of diabetes, obesity, and cardiac diseases.
- Replace refined sugar with healthy sweeteners like stevia or honey.
- Read the labels on foods that you buy in the supermarket and check to see if they are low in sugar and saturated fats.
- Satisfy your sugar cravings with light desserts or dried fruit.
2. Eat a Good Breakfast
If you don’t eat a good breakfast daily, it’s very difficult to return to your ideal weight.
You may think that you’re saving calories by skipping breakfast. However, not eating a healthy breakfast increases your risk of being overweight and having low physical and mental performance.
- Make sure to have a complete and balanced breakfast. It should consist of 25% of the total calories for the day.
- Consume abundant amounts of fruit, vegetables and sources of complex carbohydrates.
- Don’t forget a small amount of healthy fat and protein.
3. Increase Your Water Intake
There are many ways that water improves the figure and body fat, since the body is composed of a great amount of water. Because of this, it’s vital for metabolism and an optimum detox process.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
- You can complement this with infusions, teas, natural juices, or fruits high in water content.
4. Get Enough Rest to Return to Your Ideal Weight
One thing that you should not do is miss getting enough rest. Even though it may seem that it has nothing to do with weight, sleep plays a key role in metabolic functions and all the processes that influence weight loss.
- Get uninterrupted sleep for 7 or 8 hours each night.
- Avoid distractions before going to sleep so that you get enough sleep.
- Eat a light evening meal to avoid digestive problems at night.
5. Avoid Diets without Carbohydrates
Reducing your consumption of carbohydrates has interesting effects on weight control.
However, it’s not wise to totally eliminate them from your diet. These macro-nutrients are a principal source of energy that should be incorporated into the total diet plan.
- Instead of simple carbohydrates such as bread, grains, pastries, etc., opt for complex sources such as oats, brown rice, quinoa, etc.
- Eat them only at breakfast and at lunch.
6. Divide Your Portions
Plates with copious amounts of food aren’t a good option for a healthy diet and weight loss. Overall, they overload digestion and slow down your metabolism.
The best option is to divide food into portions for five or six small meals a day.
- Have small meals every 3 or 4 hours a day.
- Have 3 main meals and 2 healthy snacks.
7. Reduce Your Salt Intake
Salt is an enemy when looking to lose weight. In spite of being commonly used in cooking, it causes negative effects on health as well as on the figure. Too much salt produces hypertension, bloating, and fluid retention.
Recommended reading: 5 Natural Foods for Controlling Hypertension
- Avoid adding salt to food. Use spices and herbs to bring out flavor instead.
- Check the labels of your favorite foods and avoid those that contain a lot of salt.
A regular exercise routine is the best complement to a diet. These types of activities kick off the metabolism and optimize energy. That’s why following a training routine or playing a sport is very beneficial.
- Do cardio exercises for at least 20 minutes per day, 5 days a week.
- Combine cardio training with strength or aerobic exercises.
9. Follow the Mediterranean Diet
This diet is one of many healthy diet plans that can help you return to your ideal weight. It’s based on an adequate combination of fruit, vegetables, whole grains and good fats that improve weight as well as cardiac health.
- Increase your consumption of dried fruit, avocado, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Choose lean meat, such as turkey or chicken breast.
- Opt for whole grains, in place of refined ones, as well as legumes.
Are you ready to incorporate these habits into your routine? If you want to take care of your body and health, don’t forget to apply them. Remember that your efforts should be permanent so that you don’t regain the pounds that you have lost.